Skip to main content

IS THERE DIFFERENT? BEING GODLY AND RELIGIOUS



sun over a pathway between treesEmeka is a hard working man who deals on motor spare parts, a Christian by faith and catholic by denomination. Emeka, as early as 5:00 am he wakes up for morning devotion after that to morning mass. Then from morning mass to his store where he is well-known for buying and selling stolen motor spare parts and there are mechanics who do come to his shop with costumers and they will request for a lot of spare parts. Emeka will help the mechanic to convince the costumer to buy all that the mechanic requested for. The costumer now has no option than to pay the money and thereafter, the mechanic will return almost all the spare parts back to Emeka later in the day and they will share  the money in proportion. Sometimes, if he returned few minutes to 12:00 noon he knows that he has to wait, because Emeka will soon start his noon Angelus and if it is by 3:00pm the same for divine mercy. He (Emeka) is the former C.M.O chairman, he doesn’t joke with night vigil even his daughters dare not wear anything immodesty in the house let alone outside. You will be sorry on Sunday if you did not receive Holy Communion as his sons or daughters even his wife too, for he will be the first to receive your confession before you go to priest for proper confession.
           A young lady came to me and say, “sir I am a teacher by profession and I love teaching, although many go into teaching job because of lack of job and some will say let’s start from here or do this while waiting for a good job but that is not my case. I love my job so much and I’m not ready to leave the job for any other. I feel fulfilled whenever a child who has low ability of learning is brought to me, with God’s help and the little effort I do put in the child picks up. But it’s annoying when some parents come to school begging teachers to give their children good marks and some are even ready to bribe them.(teachers) Instead of such parents to make effort to see if there is a way their children could improve. There is this incidence that would have made me to quit the job of teaching, it happened when this particular woman who I respect so much came to me toward the end of third term and begged me to make sure that her son comes first in my class and I happily told her Amen, lets pray and let the child work harder also. But to my amusement, the following day I was summoned to our director’s office where I met her and the director waiting. Then the director put it in a clear simple way and he said the reason why I sent for you is, you see the son of this very woman that is in your class, he must come first at the end of this term. I was like sir! But he shunned me and said you have no choice just do as you are been told. I was still in shock and looking but he said you can go now. From that moment (although morning) till evening I was confuse and I couldn’t understand what all these are all about. As I was trying to figure out what they actually mean, our director walked into my class and said, you know that woman is a deaconess to a church where I’m a deacon. So I can’t turn her down because of this simple request, also her husband is a very  rich and powerful man and our pastor don’t joke with their family in general. At this point I can’t keep quiet anymore as I ask the director, because this woman is your co-leader in the church and her husband is whatever you said and your pastor don’t joke with their family, is the sole reason why their son must come first in my class? How about other children who work hard who actually deserve that position? How can giving first position help that child?” As I was listening to this girl, she then said “sir I’m confused, where is the morality this people preach and instruct? How do they sleep at nights? For people like them who have gone far in the things of God, how could they not know that this act is wickedness? The reason I left my former school is because of the level of exam malpractice there, and I choose this current school because the director always preach in our street. But after discovering this act (done by the director), today I don’t really know what next to do.” Then I asked her, being Godly and religious is there any difference?                  
                                                      TO BE CONTINUE.....................



Comments

  1. Religion na scam me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Religion is now a political party where leaders campaign using sweet utterances to get their selfish desire. The difference is clear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NIGERIA THE UNLUCKY WOMAN

Gracious woman, an epitome of beauty, a woman who was created with so much resources and talents. She is so blessed because of the anointing of prosperity that is upon her forehead. Because of her good heart, God almighty blessed her with a lot of natural resources. From coal to iron, aluminum, crude oil, precious stones of many types, be it gold, cement etc. With vast fertile land in which agriculture could be made easy, her children will not look for food, timber, rubber, coco etc. She is beautified by drinkable waters from the rank of streams to spring, lake and rivers. In these waters, her children will never lack any type of sea foods. No crop or grain will not germinate in her land; All you need to do is to try somewhere else. She was rich in culture; her religion was and is still love and care.   But she was so unlucky. As a bride she was forced to marry a man that hates her so much. A man that is equal to a “monster” because he had no brain nor integrity or conscience.  

AND THE LORD SAID TO ME. DID HE?

Confusion in Africa One of the greatest problems we face in Africa is FAITH, BELIEF and RELIGION. In the nature – CURIOSITY - of an African man or woman, they always want to know everything. For an African man, nothing just happens. Everything that happened must have a reason, a cause, including death. 0f course, yes, nothing happens without a reason. So to some, when they lose their loved ones, they will go to find out what happened or what force is behind it. When a young girl or a lady who is of marital age and the marriage is not forthcoming, she will start running from one place of worship to another to find out why. To a young boy or man who has gone to school and is a graduate. When he starts looking for a job after one or more years and it is not coming he will reduce his effort in searching for the job and start running from one place of worship to another to find out why. Or should I blame a couple who got married for years without the fruit of womb when they start r